Note: This position is not set to begin until March 2019 and will be a contracted position for a Two (2) year base term with three (3) one (1) year option periods of possible extension.
- Demonstrated success managing multi-million-dollar projects.
- Working knowledge of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and State IT project management guidelines and procedures, including agile methodology.
- Experience managing a team of highly skilled IT professionals in an applications environment.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including project, roadmap, and resource planning, financial reporting, risk assessments, communication planning, and status reporting.
- Strong Contract and Vendor Management experience developing SOW, work orders, managing performance, resolving problems, invoice management, etc.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills at all organizational levels. Emphasis placed upon skills in presenting to executive leadership.
- Well organized and the ability to organize others to accomplish goals within prescribed timeframes. Specialized Experience:
- Experience with the entire systems development life cycle including programming, systems analysis and design, business process analysis, implementation, application interfacing, and support. • At least two (2) years overseeing agile implementation projects
- Experience leading and implementing cultural and organizational change efforts.
- Understanding of Salesforce.com products, services, and licensing models.
- Understanding of application/web development concepts with emphasis on Elasticsearch and Ruby on Rails.
- A Master’s Degree or project management certification.
- Experience in health and human services domains such as eligibility, enrollment, Medicaid, child welfare, child support systems.
- Experience building complex software systems with one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Knowledge of best practices for the full Agile SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Integration experience with financial management systems.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, information retrieval, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Master’s degree and SAFe Agilist or equivalent agile certification is highly recommended.
- Background checks may be required
The Project Manager must be able to fulfill the following roles and responsibilities:
- Support the One Stop modernization and other related strategic sub-projects, including but not limited to:
o Act as the key project manager or technical lead for assigned IT projects.
o Monitor project schedule and task completion, mentor staff, and coordinate with business stakeholders to meet agreed to project schedules, budget, and technical requirements.
o Provide strategic guidance and input to the supported One Stop management team for licensing-related technology initiatives.
o Work closely with DoIT leaders to ensure projects are in alignment with the statewide procurement plan, statewide IT master plan, data governance and security plans, and the objectives and goals in those plans.
- Provide technical services, including but not limited to: o Provide project management and coordination for all technology initiatives, to include status reports, project plan updates, and required project documentation.
o Develop and maintain project implementation and configuration management guidelines and procedures.
o Effectively communicate with DoIT leadership, One Stop sponsors and other team members involved in pertinent tasks and issues.
- Provide team management and administration tasks, including but not limited to:
o Conduct periodic staff meetings and maintain effective communication links with the One Stop team through individual verbal discussion, web-ex, and email regarding team project goals and initiatives.
o Encourage team technical skills development and improvements through continuing education, training seminars, and workshops.
o Foster a team environment and atmosphere to grow team cohesiveness.
o Ensure tasks are completed by One Stop team members and contracted service providers according to schedule and meets or exceeds expectations, taking steps to consistently optimize performance.
o Develop and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences with particular emphasis placed upon skills in developing and presenting to executive leadership.
o Recruit units of State government to participate in the One Stop program, with an emphasis on overcoming internal and external resistance to change.
- The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the State’s Agile Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in overseeing the project efforts. The PM should be responsible for coordinating and submitting all required Major IT project documentation posted on the DoIT website.
- Act, on behalf of DoIT, as the Project/Contract Manager representative for any issued contracts and work orders; reviewing deliverables and providing recommendations for improved performance. Upon request the PM will also review time sheets, develop statements of work (SOW) and provide acceptance for invoice and work order approvals for assigned tasks.